De’Longhi T2, if you are in the market for a new machine for home or small office space then this term is something you need to become familiar with.
If you are an avid follower of Service Sphere you may have heard us talking about these types of machines before. If you have and you thought, what is a T2? Then we need to talk. A T2 basically refers to the machine being determined as Tier 2 machine. Ultimately, the machine is the crème of the crop when it comes to previously owned machines. These machines are selected and sent to us directly from the manufacturer as suitable for refurbishment and resell. In order for it to be determined as a T2 it must tick some boxes.
- Low Vends: the espresso machine has generally only made a small amount of coffees in its lifetime.
- Short life: The machine would have only been owned for a short period of time. Generally speaking, the previous owners would only have it for anywhere between 1 week and 3 months.
- Factory Seconds: In some way shape or form the machine has had an issue causing the previous owner to request either a refund or a replacement. De’Longhi then collect the machines in best condition and pass them onto our service team for inspection.
- Refurbished: Our technicians are able to take the machine apart, diagnose the issue, and refurbish what minor implications the machine may have.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: Unlike other refurbished machines on the market. Our T2 machines come with a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty.
In the plainest terms, a T2 De’Longhi is a machine that has had a short life and been returned as a result of a malfunction, or customer refund. This has then been determined suitable for refurbishment and ready for another home.
Our refurbishment process takes place in our workshop. Our techs run a diagnostic test, in order to determine what the issue is, if there is one with the machine. Once that is determined it is fixed and then refurbished to its former glory. Once this has been achieved the unit is then placed on our shelves and sold at 2 thirds to half the cost of a new unit.
These cost-effective machines are perfect for environments in which there isn’t a need for high volumes of coffees to be made. We recommend these machines to suite up to 20-50 coffees a day. Environments like:
- Office Spaces
- Retirement homes
- Small businesses
Click here to see the list DeLonghi T2's on our website. Better yet, visit our showroom at 64-90 Sutton Street, North Melbourne. The cost-effective coffee solution.